Thursday, June 2, 2011

CARING FOR YOUR VOICE--Intro

Frequently on voiceover forums, Facebook groups and such, I see questions about what to do if you have a cold and how to prevent vocal fatigue. Believe me, these subjects are even more of an obsession for opera singers! To help my fellow voiceover artists, I've decided to share with you the best advice I collected during my years as a singer. 
I'll start by saying this one thing: RELAX! Don't take your voice so seriously. In today's market, voiceover is more about having a unique point-of-view and genuine acting skills than it is about having a "golden voice" anyway. Your pipes don't have to be in absolutely perfect condition for you to give an outstanding voiceover performance. That said, the better your vocal health, the more flexible your instrument. That's why I decided to write this series of posts on Caring for Your Voice.
Stay tuned for Part 1: An Ounce of Prevention--Dos and Don'ts

No comments:

Post a Comment