Saturday, January 15, 2011

As I returned home today from the first meeting of the Puget Sound Voice Actors' Circle, I thought to myself what a blessing it is to have a group of people who will encourage me, critique me, challenge me, and hold me accountable on, at least, a monthly basis. There's really no substitue for a safe place to hone your craft! And in this group, I believe we are creating just that.
We had 7 people at the meeting, and a few more have expressed interest but were unable to join us today. We run the gamut in terms of experience, but we all bring unique strengths to the table. It may take a little trial and error for us to find the most beneficial and efficient structure for group communications and meeting agendas, but I'm highly optimistic. The feeling I got today was that we are all committed to being respectful of the process and of one another's time and opinions.
One of the more experienced members of the group shared his fantastic, comprehensive warm-up routine. That alone was worth the drive to Sea-tac! Knowing how to create daily discipline and structure your time is so key! It's all too easy for even very talented, creative people to flounder around in pursuit their dream when they're doing it all on their own.
As you can tell, I'm very excited about what the future holds for me and for this amazing group of artists! We have room for a few more members. If you are in the Puget Sound area, or within what you feel is a reasonable driving distance for a monthly meet-up, please contact me. We won't even make you audition ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment